Are you selling on Flipkart? If yes, do you know how much detail can you extract from the sales report and if you are a new seller on Flipkart do you know how you can download your Sales report on Flipkart to file your monthly GST return.
In this e-commerce edition, we are going to discuss the sales report and the procedure to download the sales report from your Flipkart Seller Dashboard.
Let’s start with understanding the Sales Report. How this report will help you in maintaining the books of accounts and to comply with the statutory requirements. Sales Report on Flipkart help sellers to check all their sales that happened over a period of time. They can use it for posting their sales entry and paying their sales taxes as applicable.
How Sales Report will benefit the Online Sellers
Sales Report is a monthly report. Such a report contains details regarding all the b2c (Business to customer) invoice which was created, returned, cancelled or voided by the seller in the particular month, it also shows the details regarding the TCS and offer details if any.
Online sellers can avoid future litigation or assessment issue(s) by doing the proper reporting of all the sales-related data in their GST monthly return.
What report/sheets are included in the Sales Report.
Sales report includes the following details in relation with the Sales, Sales Returns, Cancellation, etc.
- Seller GSTIN
- Order ID
- Order Item ID
- Product Title/ Description
- FSN (This is a Flipkart Serial Number which is unique)
- HSN Code
- Event Type like (Sale, Return, Return Cancellation)
- Order Type (Prepaid or Postpaid)
- Fulfillment Type like NON_FBF
- Order Date
- Order approval Date
- Item Quantity
- Order Shipped from state
- Price before Discount
- Total Discount (if any)
- Seller Share
- Bank offer share
- Price after discount
- Shipping charges
- Final Invoice amount which includes Price after discount and shipping charges
- Type of Tax
- Taxable Value
- Details of Taxes like IGST, CGST, SGST, Cess, etc.
- Details regarding TCS like Rate of TCS in case of Interstate payment and Intrastate payment and the amount of TCS IGST, TCS CGST, and TCS SGST.
- Buyer Invoice ID
- Buyer Invoice Date and Amount
- Customer billing State and Pincode.
- Customer’s delivery state and Pincode.
- Usual Price.
Cash Back Report
Cash Back report contains details regarding all cash back credit/debit notes created from Flipkart to Sellers for the duration a particular month.
Cash Back is given for those promotional offers where the offer burn is by the bank. You can find a credit note or debit note ID in the cashback report and then link to the sales report through a common order ID/ order Item ID.
It is to be noted that all the credit notes are denoted by positive Invoice amount and debit notes are denoted by negative Invoice amount.
This report contains the following details:
- Seller GSTIN
- Order ID and Item ID
- Document Type (Credit Note/ Debit Note)
- Document Sub-Type (Sale)
- Credit Note/ Debit Note ID
- Invoice Amount
- Invoice Date
- Taxable Value
- Luxury cess rate and amount
- Applicable GST rates and Amount
- Details regarding the TCS (Rate and amount)
- Customer’s delivery state.
Procedure to download your monthly Sales report from your Flipkart Seller Dashboard.
Login to your Flipkart Dashboard, Navigate to Reports from the main menu and select Reports Centre as shown in the image below.
Select “Type of Report”, then “Tax reports” and Click on “Sales Report”.
Now you can generate your Flipkart monthly sales report by selecting the desired month and click on the “Generate”.
Under the Action, within a few seconds, you will see the status as “Download”. Just download the report which will be in Excel format.
Happy monthly GST return filing.
How to Calculate TDS on Flipkart Commission
Why Analytics Reports are important for Flipkart Sellers.
CA Devesh Thakur