If you want to know how to pay Self-Assessment Tax – Challan No 280 online then you are at the right place.
Step by Step procedure to pay Self-Assessment Tax – Challan No 280 online are as follows:-
To pay the Self-Assessment Tax online, you will have to visit TIN website.
Select e-payment: pay taxes online from the services option available at the menu bar.
select the relevant challan as applicable.
Today we are going to discuss Challan No 280 for the purpose of Self-Assessment Tax.
under e-payment of taxes you can pay the following available challan(s) in online mode:-
– Challan No 281: Payment of TDS/TCS by company or non-company deductee
– IT Challan No 280: Payment of Advance tax, Self-Assessment tax, Tax on Regular Assessment, Surtax, Tax on Distributed Profits of Domestic Company, and Tax on Distributed income to unitholders.
– Challan No 282: Payment towards Securities transaction tax, Estate duty, Wealth-tax, Gift-tax, Interest-tax, Expenditure/other tax, Hotel Receipt tax, and Commodities transaction tax
– Income Tax Challan No 283: Payment of Banking Cash Transaction Tax (BCTT) and Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT)
– Challan no 285: Payment of Equalization Levy
– Challan No 286: Payment under Income Declaration Scheme, 2016
– Income Tax Challan No 287: Payment under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, 2016 (PMGKY)
– Form 26QD: Payment to Resident Contractors, Payment of Commission, Brokerage charges, and Fees for Professional Services.
– Form 26QB: Payment of TDS on Sale of Property
– Demand payment on TDS on property: Payment of demand raised by CPC-TDS against TDS on Sale of Property
– Form 26QC: Payment of TDS on Rent of Property
– Demand payment for rent on property: Payment of demand raised by CPC-TDS against TDS on Rent of Property
Field/ records/ particulars marked with * are mandatory to be filled.
– Tax applicable: Tick the relevant checkbox as per your status i.e. if you are a company select code 0020 corporate tax and in case of other than companies select code 0021.
– Type of payment: The taxpayer should be careful in selecting the type of payment.
The taxpayer can pay the following type of taxes under Challan No 280:
(a)  Advance Tax
(b)  Surtax – Surcharge
(c)  Tax on Distributed Profit
(d)  Tax on Distributed Income
(e)  Self-Assessment Tax
(f)  Tax on Regular Assessment
– Mode of Payment: The taxpayer can select either the Net banking option or Debit card.
– Permanent Account Number: The taxpayer needs to enter the Permanent Account Number.
– Assessment Year: Select the relevant assessment year for which the taxpayer wishes to pay the tax.
– Address: The taxpayer is required to enter the full address details though some particulars are not mandatory, still we insist you should enter the full address including email id and phone number.
– Captcha Code: Enter the displayed captcha code, if it is not so visible clearly you can refresh the image and then enter the code.
The name of the taxpayer will be displayed on the confirmation page as per the Income Tax Department database.
Now you can proceed further.
On confirmation screen you will see the all particulars which you have entered before.
The name of the taxpayer is as per the income tax PAN database.
You are requested to verify the name before making payment.
In case of any discrepancy, please confirm PAN entered by you.
If the name is correct along with the rest of the particulars, then click on “Submit to the bank”.
Now you will be redirected to your banking partner.
Please note: Provision to enter the tax amount [i.e. Basic tax, interest, fee, etc.] will be available on the selected bank site.
After making the payment, kindly save the copy of challan in pdf format for your future references.
Note: Pursuant to the COVID-19 relief measures, ITD has now permitted taxpayers to pay Advance Tax for Assessment Year 2020-21 as well till 30th June, 2020.
Want to know how you can fill Income Tax Challan i.e. Self-Assessment Tax in offline mode. Click Here.
How to pay TDS Challan No. 281/ITNS 281 online
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
CA Devesh Thakur
Like the post??? share it to make it…