In this blog, taxpayers will get to know the step-by-step procedure on how to pay TDS Challan No. 281/ITNS 281 online.
TDS Challan No. 281 /ITNS 281 is used by the taxpayer to discharge their TDS/TCS liability i.e. payment of TDS/TCS by the company or non-company deductee.
Login to TIN Website. Navigate to services tab on the main menu and select e-payment: Pay Taxes Online.
Select TDS Challan No. 281 /ITNS 281 for the payment of TDS by the company or non-company deductee.
Fill out the TDS Challan No. 281 /ITNS 281, fields with * are mandatory in nature.
- Tax applicable: Select applicable deductees (a) Company or (b) non-company.
- Type of payment: Select code (200) TDS/TCS payable by taxpayer i.e. if the taxpayer is paying tax as per their own calculation/assessment.
Else select (400) TDS/TCS regular assessment
i.e. if the taxpayer is required to pay TDS/TCS as per regular assessment.
- Nature of Payment: Select the appropriate section against which you want to make payment.
Below is the list of sections under which the taxpayer can pay the tax
- Mode of payment: The taxpayer can choose either net banking or debit card for such payment of the taxes.
- Tax deduction account number: Enter your TAN details here.
- Assessment Year: Select the relevant assessment year for which you want to make the payment under the selected section.
- Address: Enter the full address details, though some of the particulars are not mandatory in nature still we insist to fill the details for the benefit of the taxpayer.
Enter you current and valid email id and phone number.
- Captcha code: Enter the code as shown in the figure, if the image is not clear or you are not able to read out you can refresh the image and enter the code.
- Proceed further.
Recheck the details on the confirmation screen and agree the terms.
The name of the taxpayer is as per the ITD PAN/TAN master. You are required to verify the same before making the payment. In case of any discrepancy, update the same before making the payment.
If the name is correct, then click on submit to the bank.
Login to your net banking channel partner.
Now enter the details of taxes as applicable.
Save the copy of the challan for your future reference.
Quote your challan BSR Code, challan date and challan number correctly while filing your TDS return.
How to pay Self-Assessment Tax online| Challan No 280|
Want to know how you can fill Income Tax Challan i.e. Self-Assessment Tax in offline mode. Click Here.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
CA Devesh Thakur
Like the post??? share it to make it…